Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 2010 08:28:29 -0700
From:      Norm Scherer <normscherer@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcmcia modem problems

I have an old laptop that I want to use as a special purpose router.  My
broadband will be down for a few months and my solar system needs to
call home every so often to report production.  My plan is to connect
the solar system 'gateway' to the laptop via a crossover ethernet cable
and have the laptop connect to my dial-up isp periodically so it can
report its condition and production.

One part is hanging this up.  I have a Zoom 2975L pcmcia "dual mode pc
card faxmodem" that I have not been able to get running on freebsd.  I
have found some previous conversations (in the archives) about this
particular modem but they were all about problems, none had solutions.
I have observed the same symptom others have seen, CIS too long and
interrupt storm on irq11.

Does anyone have any special sauce that will make this modem work?

I am running "FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p8" but could upgrade if I thought it
would help.

Thanks for the help
Norm