Date:      Thu, 29 Feb 1996 20:17:24 -0600
From:      Alan Cox <alc@cs.rice.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 100-baseT hub recommendation?

I'm using 10 of the Intel PRO/100B's in 9 machines with the driver
from -stable.  Two of the interfaces are talking to our departmental 10BaseT
network, and 8 are on a private 100BaseT network with the Intel hub.
(One machine has 2 interfaces, and routes between the private 100BaseT
network and our departmental 10BaseT network.)  Overall, I'm pleased
with the card and the driver.  They seem to work well.

One odd thing is that under load we see a fair number of packets dropped
due to surpassing "maxcols" on the 100BaseT network.  Far more so than I've
seen with Sparc 20's on 10BaseT.

	Alan

P.S.  The current driver doesn't add "maxcols" into the output errors stat.
Shouldn't that be included?