Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 1996 18:16:21 -0700
From:      "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@antares.aero.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Good, cheap 8mm tape system needed

	(Apologies if this appears twice.)

	My Colorado Jumbo 350 floppy tape drive just blew up its motor for the
second time and I'm abandoning that product line.  It's just not reliable: I've
had endless problems with media errors, hardware breakage, and the lack of
support under FreeBSD.

	It's time to get a real tape drive.  I'm looking for a good 4 or 8mm
tape subsystem that a) works under things like Norton Backup (for the DOS
side of the house) and b) works right under FreeBSD as a no-fuss no-bother
SCSI tape drive.

	Is this available for under $1,000?  If so, what is it, and where is it?

	Thanks!

Mike O'Brien
aka Mr. Protocol, on a good day at least, which so far this is not