Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:23:12 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        Tony Rentschler <walterr@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sem_otime not updated?

On 2000-Jan-02 01:20:17 +1100, Tony Rentschler <walterr@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
>I'm writing a program that uses a SysV semaphore, and it seems that the
>sem_otime field of the semid_ds struct is not updated after a call to
>semop.

Amongst lots of other buglets :-(.

>In a search of deja.com for sem_otime, I found a patch posted by Peter
>Jeremy on 6/4/99, but, as far as I can tell, that's for CURRENT.

This was submitted as PR kern/12014, but nothing further has been
done with it.  One problem with the PR is that I don't have a test
suite that clearly demonstrates that my patches fix the problems.
(I did start working on suitable tests, but ran out of enthusiasm :-(.
The patched code _is_ running on one of the machines here).

The only difference between -stable and -current is the type of the
first argument to ipcperm() - and my patches predate this change in
-current.  Whilst my patches don't cleanly apply to -stable, the
changes should be minimal.

If any committers have an interest in getting the semaphore handling
to work correctly, I'd be happy to work with them.

Peter
--
Peter Jeremy (VK2PJ)                    peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au
Alcatel Australia Limited