Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:10:05 -0700
From:      "Charlie OBrien" <cjobrien999@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   newbee to freebsd, unix, etc...

Hi, im Charlie in Tucson Arizona.

Im trying to teach myself FreeBSD and this is what i have done so far.

I have downloaded and installed  FreeBSD 6.1 onto my spare computer.
i can boot the computer and login into the # prompt.

how do i invoke the KDE windows environment?

what are some other resources for me to learn the "how to do"...
for example: how do i install applications.

Im pretty proficient at using "microsofts" windows environment.

any help is greatly appreciated.