Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:52:29 -0800
From:      "Jeff" <iratus@home.com>
To:        "Greg Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>, "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        "'Steve M'" <slavik944@metconnect.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs linux (some venting)

Just my 2 cents worth - I send this from within Windows 2000 and have
two other boxes getting set up with FreeBSD and I have Mr. Lehey's book
as well - IMHO both the book and FBSD are probably the best documented
OSs' around - I could take a complete computer novice and between the
man pages and "The Complete FreeBSD"  have them able to do most of the
basic operations within several hours to no more than several days (I
know as I have done just that) and not because I am so great but simply
because of the documentation that is available. Only Solaris seems to be
as well documented, that is have documentaion easy to get at and easy to
use. It makes me wonder what is supposed to be "sufficient" leaving out
of course hand-holding and a blanket to clutch-No insults intended but
did "Steve M" really get around to using what already exists?
Jeff Phillips