Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:46:29 -0500
From:      Greg Skouby <gskouby@sitesnow.com>
To:        Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: config kernel for wired down devices

Sorry, I should have told everybody that this is a FreeBSD-3.x machine. I thought that I had followed the LINT instructions in 3.x. I
recompiled and rebooted and everything worked. However, the da0, da1, da2, and da3 disks where found at da0, da1, da2, and da3. This
appears to be in contrary to what you said and also what I read in LINT. Does it matter that these disks are on a totally different SCSI
adapter. Will they still be found as da5, da6, da7, da8 even though the wired down device is on a differenct SCSI card? Thanks for the
help.