Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 11:24:36 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More on custom invokers for JDK

Max Khon wrote:
> hi, there!
>
> On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Koster, K.J. wrote:
>
> > I've written up a little on what invokeNative_alpha.s and companions are
> > really for. Critisism (this is a word?) and comments are welcome.
> >
> > http://web.inter.nl.net/users/kjkoster/java/index.html
> > click on "invokeNative_alpha.s" under "Alpha Arch. Build".
> >
> > Mildly interesting look into how Java deals with native functions under
> > water too, and I have again learned a little about C.
>
> gdb has generic function invoker written in C (look into valops.c)
>
> /fjoe

True, but gdb is also GPL'ed, which makes any code from it unusable for the
JDK.  A good idea though.  Anyone know if earlier debuggers (sdb and dbx
come to mind) were Berkeley licensed or the like and where we'd find such
source code?

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083