Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 21:56:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        lithium@cia-g.com (Stephen Fisher)
Subject:   Re: Adduser program in C

As Stephen Fisher wrote:

> I would like to heavily modify an adduser program, however the
> distribution one in FreeBSD is in Perl.  I don't do Perl.  I would like
> to write one in C but was wondering if anyone has done this before?

Rewriting something from scratch for the only reason that _you_ don't
know about the programming language it has been written in, i would
consider unkind to the original author.  (After all, Perl's one of the
most used scripting languages of the world, nothing totally unknown.)

To get me right: there might be several valid reasons for why you want
to rewrite adduser, and even for why you wanna rewrite it in something
else than Perl.  But these reasons should be discussed before, and the
author is also here and listening and available, so he should at least
be asked for his opinion as well.

--
cheers, J"org