Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:49:07 -0400
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Mark Valentine <mark@valentine.me.uk>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSDCon photos

Mark Valentine wrote:
> Hmm, that URL is a reliable netscape.core generator for me (4.76)

People still use netscape 4?  Why?

I remember using it years ago -- there was no choice, mozilla was in
version 0.7 and rather flaky (not to mention too bloated for a 200 MHz
Pentium).  It was absolutely essential to keep java and javascript
turned off, and even then netscape would keep crashing, I had an alias
set up for "rm -f ~/.netscape/lock".  Now we have mozilla,
mozilla-firebird, epiphany, opera (all with native FreeBSD versions),
and the konqueror in kde-cvs (to be kde 3.2) is looking very good too
-- and all of these are vastly better than IE 6, let alone NS 4, which
truly belongs on the garbage-heap of history.