Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:21:19 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
To:        Chris Zumbrunn <chris@zumbrunn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rework of the FreeBSD website [was: FreeBSD's Visual Identity:Outdated?]

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 02:25:19AM +0100, Chris Zumbrunn wrote:
> >looks very interesting, is the grey border,
> >which carries the links to subcategories,
> >under the headline image an image or created via css?
>
> Could be either. CSS would be better - but an image would maybe be
> easier/quicker to implement. The grey bar could also be a background
> image in a table cell. Eventually, it certainly should be CSS (just
> like everything else).

The top navigation bar does look very nice, but we've still got the
very ugly orangeish vertical boxes on either side of the main page.
There are too many links for one thing, so I imagine a large number of
the sublinks on the left hand side should just go away.  Is there any
chance you can try to keep working with this design and improve the
presentation of the links currently in the left hand navigation bar on
the main page?

	- Murray