Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 1997 07:33:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        peter@grendel.IAEhv.nl (Peter Korsten)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATT Unix for Windows !

Peter Korsten wrote:

> Perhaps I can spend a week and look for all kinds of tools that
> have some, the same, or even more functionality than VC++, but in
> my case, it's cheaper to buy VC++. And it comes with manuals and
> a great online help, instead of some info files nobody but Gnu
> uses.
>
> But well, this is only from my personal experience from a FreeBSD
> system and a Windows NT 4.0 system two metres apart.
>
> Of course, I find MS's marketing strategy - either buying or crushing
> the competition in about _every_ field in computing - disturbing, to
> say the least. But they do make decent software. Maybe not all of it,
> but much of it.

	i am surprised by this, a friend of mine here, recently had to
	learn C.  the course dictated the use of VC++.  he went thru
	hell getting VC++ to do what he wanted.  i showed him how i
	would do it in xemacs/gcc (i am NOT xemacs skilled much less
	a wizard).  he wanted to know why he had to use VC++!

	one ancedote for what its worth.
jmb