Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:57:13 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: wireless drops connection

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 09:16:43AM -0600, Chad Perrin wrote:
> I've gone from using CAT5 to 802.11g for my laptop's network connectivity
> while I'm at home.  Unfortunately, since I've done so, my connection
> drops from time to time, and I usually don't notice for a while.  The
> period between drops does not seem to be constant, however, as I lost my
> connection at some point yesterday without noticing, but when I did
> notice I reestablished contact, then lost my connection again a few
> minutes later.  The connection has not dropped again since then, however.

Well, it dropped a few more times today -- but I seem to have found a
problem (with the help of ##FreeBSD on irc) that is related:

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D102760

It seems the mystery has been solved.  Now I just have to get the fixed
driver.

--=20
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Albert Camus: "An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself."

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm--