Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 1996 10:30:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, rivers%ponds@dg-rtp.dg.com
Subject:   Re: Sendmail 8.7.5 issues (the sendmail in FreeBSD 2.1.5.)

As J Wunsch wrote...

> As Thomas David Rivers wrote:
>
> > What did I discover?  There's no way to tell sendmail to not use
> > DNS (it will be fixed in a "future" version.)
>
> That's wrong.  It's sometimes useful to read FAQs. ;-)
>
> You've already noticed that i'm using a fairly similar setup like you
> (mail via UUCP, though in my case without the ugly bang :), dialup IP
> connection occasionally, local DNS).  So it's not surprising that i've
> been confrontated with a similar set of problems once.

I also use UUCP. But: when I'm occasionally connected using PPP then
you *do* see a DNS lookup and a direct SMTP to the outside world when
sending mail. If PPP is down everything goes into the uucp queue as
planned. The FEATURE(nodns) therefore does not eliminate DNS lookups
altogether which is probably what Thomas expects (and I agree I suppose)

>                    How do I use sendmail for mail delivery with UUCP? (p1 of 8)
> 10.16. How do I use sendmail for mail delivery with UUCP?

Wilko