Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:00:05 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox bridged network and 10.0

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:

> VirtualBox 4.2.20 does not like the vboxnet service:
>
> # service vboxnet start
> VBoxManage: error: Failed to create the VirtualBox object!
> VBoxManage: error: Code NS_ERROR_ABORT (0x80004004) - Operation aborted
> (extended info not available)
> VBoxManage: error: Most likely, the VirtualBox COM server is not running
> or failed to start.
>
> NAT networking that does not need the vboxnet service seems to work. Does
> something need to be done differently on 10.0?  This is amd64,
> 10.0-PRERELEASE.

To ask the obvious, did you reboot or unload the old  kernel modules and
load the new ones? I can say it is working fine for me with 9-Stable
(r256657) on amd64, but I ave not tried 10 yet as there have been a LOT of
discussions of VB breakage on 10.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com