Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 96 13:14:12 EST
From:      "s.millions" <stacy@server-001.ey.ca>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Gremlins changing [cm]time on files?

Hi,

I am running "tripwire" on FBSD 2.1.0-Release system and I have had
a strange problem crop up a couple of times now (it's been running
for ~35 days now)

The ctime and mtime of some files are changing. It has happened twice
now. I am fairly confident that there was no one on the machine both
times that it happened. There was no modification to the data (the file
sizes didn't change and the file signatures did not change).

The files in question are /usr/sbin/sendmail and /usr/local/etc/in.nnrpd

Any suggestions?

-stacy

--
"I will finish what I st..."                                 stacy@ey.ca