Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:17:46 -0500
From:      ravi pina <ravi@cow.org>
To:        Steve Kaczkowski <operator@phreak.net>
Cc:        jose@we.lc.ehu.es, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, b.j.smith@ieee.org, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: requesting opinions about strange 3ware problem

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 02:39:52PM -0600, Steve Kaczkowski said at one point in time:

> If I'm not mistaken *all* of the 75GXPs have problems with corruption due
> to how tightly they're packing the data on the platters..
>
> Do some searching on google or storagereview.com, I'm sure you'll find a
> whole bunch of info..
[...]

charming.  i just turned up a identical setup as jose:
4x ibm dtla-307075 in a raid 5 using the 3ware 7410. i
will let you know if i start getting any errors.

i notice that the Promise SuperTrack is not yet
supported.  will it be soon?  and along those lines,
bj's run down of the available ide raid cards was very
helpfull, however can someone give a "bottom line"
answer of which is better?

having the 3ware card now and hearing how the ibm disk
are prone to failure, i cannot help but to think that i
have gotten ALL of the wrong hardware :) someone want
to reassure me that i didn't just spend money on lots
of book ends?

-r

--
echo "send pgp key" | mail ravi@cow.org
"god bless ambient electronica. it and classical music are the only two