Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:45:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        dhw@whistle.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jer@hughes.net
Subject:   Re: Disgruntled Linux User... questions about FreeBSD

My hidden microphone recorded David Wolfskill (dhw@whistle.com) saying:

% >From: Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
% >Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:15:54 -0600 (MDT)
%
% >You won't find a discussion of SMP on the -current list, because SMP
% >isn't in the -current release.  You'll have to ask questions of this
% >nature in the freebsd-current mailing list.
%
% I suspect that the above paragraph is likely to be construed as
% confusing -- probably rather more so than you intended....

Uh, whoops!  I of course meant the -stable list and -stable release
in the first sentence.  Doh!

Thanks for pointing this out, David, it *is* rather confusing.

If you want to discuss features, stability, or anything else about
SMP support on FreeBSD, you will need to join the freebsd-CURRENT
list, as SMP is only supported in the -CURRENT development system.
Sorry for any confusion that I've created.