Date:      Fri, 01 Mar 1996 10:53:43 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Bakul Shah <bakul@netcom.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WebActive

>>> Bakul Shah said:
 > > I assume this posting to the FreeBSD -hackers list means that the
 > > server is running FreeBSD, or that Progressive Networks (the sponsors
 > > of WebActive) is finally going to port their RealAudio program to
 > > FreeBSD?
 >
 > Note that the posting Terry refers to was forwarded by
 > m.moebius@uni-koeln.de (Michael Uwe Moebius) to (perhaps)
 > newjour and thence by owner-newjour@ccat.sas.upenn.edu to
 > the freebsd-hackers list.  I don't see the point of sending
 > this to the -hackers but samt@prognet.com probably doesn't
 > even know about this forwarding.
 >
 > At any rate, there is a native RealAudio _server_ for
 > FreeBSD. No such port of the RealAudio _player_ as yet but
 > perhaps the Linux port can be used on FreeBSD?

The sound driver mixer ioctls have not been implement in the linux
emulation layer so the RealAudio player is not going to work.
We should ask them for a native sound player given that they
already ported the server.

Hello Progressive Networks, any good reason why the sound player
was not ported?

	Amancio