Date:      Fri, 01 Mar 1996 15:14:36 -0800
From:      Phil Holmstrom Technician <philh@cdngateway.pe.ca>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD installation problems

Hey guys I am having a tiny bit of a problem installing the current
release of FreeBSD. I am attempting to do it via the ftp media method,
anf it will boot of the installation floppy ok and everything in to the
installation menu. When I pick the connection device lp0 it is not able
to reset it and the installation dies from that point. We are using a
pent 100 and our ethernet card is an Intel Pro Ethernet Express 100 b
card with all the factory default settings. Prior to this the machine was
used as a windows nt server but now it is bonked off after the fdisk from
installing the FreeBSD. Anyhow maybe its a configuration problem with the
ethernet card since its a fairly new one. Anyhow any help would be
appreciated,i can't wait to get the os up and running :).

Phil Holmstrom    Technician Canadian Gateway Inc.