Date:      Fri, 09 Aug 1996 17:21:51 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   SciText News

From: SciTeXt Projekt <sci@uni-paderborn.de>
Subject: Re: SciTeXt FreeBSD Port
To: hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 17:58:06 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

> With respect to adding CORBA like functionality you may be interested
> on ILU:
> See ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html.
I took a short look at the ILU Project and it sounds quiet good.
But at this time I am working at the kernel functions of SciTeXt
and try to make it a bit more OO. Once we have a stable version
ILU support can be added to make SciTeXt easy to extend and modular, so
one can use the SciTeXt functionality in it's own program. All this
sounds great, but I think it is not the time for it yet. Did you
take a look at SciTeXt - it's awful and if I don't start to
structure it first, things will become very complicated.
But we can keep up to date with the development of SciTeXt and
ILU and perhaps they will come together one day. If the source of
SciTeXt becomes more readable, perhaps someone else can come up
with the task of modularizing SciTeXt and adapt it to ILU...

  ciao,

     Matthias