Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 1996 19:16:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail 8.7.5 issues (the sendmail in FreeBSD 2.1.5.)

As J Wunsch wrote...

> As Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
> > planned. The FEATURE(nodns) therefore does not eliminate DNS lookups
> > altogether which is probably what Thomas expects (and I agree I suppose)
>
> This is known.  You also need FEATURE(nocanonify).  However, i've
> explained this in the FAQ.

I know. But why (I know, I should USTSL) is it needed? One would (from
de name of FEATURE(nodns)) expect that this was sufficient. If I
consult O'Reilly's sendmail the description of FEATURE(nocanonify)
is not very extensive (IMHO).

But FEATURE(nocanonify) really helps. I'm currently building a weird
config with 5 Sun Sparcs and a FreeBSD gateway machine in which I use
this setup.

Wilko