Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 1995 13:51:58 +1000 (EST)
From:      David Dawes <dawes@physics.usyd.edu.au>
To:        taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw (Brian Tao)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More thoughts on the installer

>* I assume the partition editor is doing the right thing when it uses
>  "newfs -u 2888" on an 800M partition, but "newfs -u 2720" on an 85M
>  one and "newfs -u 4096" on 50M and 30M ones?

I presume that this is adjusted to avoid unused space?  newfs has often
told me there are unused cylinder(s) when using the default 4096.

>* What's "XFree86 3.1.1L" (also in the same dialog)?

I wondered about that too.  It should either be called 3.1.1u1 or just
3.1.1.

>* There should be a more explicit dialog box after the post-install to
>  tell the user that everything is done and the machine can be
>  rebooted, enjoy your new FreeBSD 2.0.5 system, etc., etc.  Having to
>  quit out of three or four layers of dialog boxes to reboot seems
>  sort of anti-climactic and unfulfilling to me.  ;-)

But you might want to go back and do something else (like install another
package).

David