Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 1999 18:37:38 -0800
From:      "Tom" <tom@toetag.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount & friends broken in -current!

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999 18:29:01 PST, "David O'Brien" writes:
>On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 08:26:49PM -0500, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
>>  > I'm not having those problems, but is anybody else experiencing the
>>  > situation where on every boot one gets:
>>  >
>>  >     WARNING: R/W mount of / denied.  Filesystem is not clean - run fsck
>>
>> This is on *every* reboot? Is there a chance / is not really clean?
>> Can you do a mount -uf / ?
>
>Yep, *every* reboot.  When it occurs every thing but / is already
>mounted.  I can manually do a ``fsck /'' and that works.  But on the next
>reboot it does not help.

This happened to me 2 days ago when I cvsuped my x86 box. Reboot and the same
thing all over again, fsck / 3 or 4 times and it still wouldn't come out of
single user mode. I powered down the box and it hasn't happened since.
Maybe you host adaptor has a wedgie?
--
tom@unhooked.net                        ICQ - 16163541
Spam: the other white meat.