Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:19:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      pW <packetwhore@stargate.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   iplog dying

I recently installed FreeBSD 4.0 on an i386 box, 128M, 30G drive.

I devote one desktop of WindowMaker to a iplog messages. The problem I am
having is iplog is just dying. No message to any logs or anything. It logs
for a little while and just stops.

The command I use to start it is:

iplog --udp=true --tcp=true --icmp=true -l /var/log/iplog.log

It starts fine and that shows in the logs and it logs for a little while
but I have no idea when it dies... I just happen to notice that nothing
has been logged for a while...

Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

shawn