Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 20:09:02 -0800
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Brett Glass and reality (was: Windows Refund Day: Watch out for  Linux tactics)

On Sun, Feb 14, 1999 at 08:28:05PM -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
> At 07:06 PM 2/14/99 -0800, Jason Evans wrote:
>
> >FreeBSD doesn't need zealots any more than Linux needs them.  Don't
> >confuse advocacy and zealotry.
>
> I agree. The Linux "faithful" are engaging in zealotry by refusing to
> allow users of commercial operating systems to participate
> WITH them in the Windows Refund Day event. We should advocate
> that people do the right thing instead.

I don't know about other Linux people but here in the Bay Area this is
_NOT_ the case. I know for a fact that the SCO, Solaris, OS/2, and BeOs
people have been invited to participate. They have all been asked several
times. The SCO and Solaris people have told us that they will be there. I
have no idea what happened with the OS/2 people but the BeOs people just
can't seem to muster up a few people to show up.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 3.0
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses