Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2011 02:39:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Tillman <btillman99@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Default Samba port?

=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A=0AFrom: Robert Simmons <rsi=
mmons0@gmail.com>=0ATo: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org=0ASent: Sunday, Novem=
ber 13, 2011 10:36 AM=0ASubject: Re: Default Samba port?=0A=0A=0AOn Sun, No=
v 13, 2011 at 7:37 AM, Peter Harrison=0A<four.harrisons@googlemail.com> wro=
te:=0A> Can anyone advise me the appropriate Samba port to install - the ha=
ndbook refers to samba34, but I see samba35 and samba36 in in ports. This i=
s for a home server, so I'm not necessarily looking for production standard=
, but something that "just works" on RELEASE-8.2 amd64.=0A=0Asamba36 is the=
 current stable version.=A0 The other two are kept for=0Alegacy compatibili=
ty.=A0 35 and 34 are the last version in those=0Abranches.=A0 Don't worry a=
bout them.=A0 The handbook has not been updated=0Afor two major revisions o=
f samba.=0A=0AThis is a comment for the others on the list, not directly at=
 you:=0Amaybe ports like this should have a directory samba that always poi=
nts=0Ato the most recent stable version.=A0 Then the handbook would not nee=
d=0Ato be updated to reflect version changes like this.=A0 It would only=0A=
need to be updated if the actual instructions change or become=0Aoutdated?=