Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:09:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Andy Loftyhauser <loftyhauser@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changing from VT to X-windows kills X

Hi, I've recently returned to FreeBSD (from Linux)
after a long hiatus (last FBSD I had was 2.2.8)...
Anyway, I just installed 4.4-REL on my laptop (Toshiba
Satellite 2595CDT, Trident Cyber 9525 graphics
chipset); everything seems to work great, I have X
installed (4.1.0), using the defaults on everything.
One problem I have, though, is when I switch to a VT
(using CTRL-ALT-F1, for example) when X is running (is
start xdm on startup).  When I try to return to my X
VT (using CTRL-ALT-F9 or ALT-F9 for example), my
X-server gets hosed, and my display freezes. I have to
restart the X-server using CTRL-ALT-DEL.  Anyone seen
this before? Any hints?

Thanks!

AL