Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:36:04 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Pascal Giannakakis <CapM@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with first build of current

Lo ppl,

yesterday i tried to build current with files i sucked 2 or 3 days ago via
cvsup. I
followed the instructions of the handbook precisely, and got successfully to
the step
"make buildkernel".

After that, i dropped into single user mode and started "make installworld".
It failed
at some place within the directory "chat" with signal 12 (i don't remember
the exact
error).

What went wrong? Is current broken? If yes, where do i look first for the
information
whether a current is OK?

And will the 4.7 live CD work to fix a broken current?

I'd like to retry the build today. If you have additional hints not
mentioned in the
handbook, please tell me! The version before the build was 4.5-RELEASE. It's
running
on a C3 800 MHz with 256 MB RAM and 40 GB HDD.

Quick help would be very nice, as i can't go online at home. =)

TIA