Date:      Sat, 02 Mar 1996 18:18:07 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cgi script

Narvi wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Mar 1996, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
>
> > I have writen some code that simplifies writing cgi scripts in C...  I am
> > wondering if FreeBSD would in interested in include the library with
> > FreeBSD's source...  if you guys are could you send me some information on
> > how to apply the proper copyright?  because I would like to submit it
> > under the standard Berkley (if there is such a thing) copyright...

This is a great gesture! I am sure all of us are pleased!

> If I'm not too wrong, you can see the copyright in the beginning of most
> include files in the /usr/include directory (beware! some may have the
> GPL instead).

Better to look in /usr/share/examples/etc/bsd-style-copyright. Once you
are done, put it up in some master site, announce it to us, and either
make an official FreeBSD port for us, or ask one of us to do it. (See
the FAQ for "ports" guidance).

> > this is the first time I have thought about submitting source... I also
> > don't currently have access to a complete source tree (either current or
> > stable)...  I hope this isn't a problem...  Thanks... and TTYL..
>
> I speak only for myself but I think it a real good idea.

You speak for most of us!

> Eat good food, preserve nature, be nice to all nice people :)

Hear hear!

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grondar.za for PGP key