Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:00:19 -0700
From:      walt <wa1ter@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   emacs problems?

I'm having problems with emacs 20.7 running under X:

#emacs
Fatal error (11).Segmentation fault (core dumped)

but emacs -nw works fine (i.e. without X).

This started after doing a portupgrade -fa to solve
the _sF symbol problem.

I've recompiled every package that emacs depends on
and still no change.  The backtrace isn't very helpful.

I suppose I need to build emacs with debugging enabled?
Any hints how to do that?

Anyone else seeing this problem?