Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 07:27:27 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount & friends broken in -current!

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 10:40:05AM +0000, Doug Rabson wrote:
> > Hmm.. I think I'll bow out at this point.  All I can say is that it
> > seems damned strange that fsck -p is not marking / clean when it
> > finishes, but fsck / is. That's not happening here.  my fsck is from
> > over the weekend.
>
> I have a feeling that this was a side effect from PHK's most recent block
> device changes.

Some emailed me directly saying they had the same problem on their i386
box.  After many, many reboots, they were frustrated and just turned the
machine off 100%.  The next time they turned it on, all worked normally.

This worked for home Alpha's.  The other one is remote, so I have not had
a chance to do the same for that one.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)