Date:      Sat, 25 May 1996 22:27:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: unix + asm

As Chris J. Layne wrote:

> I was wondering where I could find info (preferably the web) on
> programming Assembly on Unix systems, preferrably FreeBSD on the 80x86
> arch. Any info would be appreciated.

While documentation on Unix is generally stored in files ending in .c,
documentation on assembler programming in Unix is generally stored in
files ending in .s or .S.

I think there has been a paper on assembler programming in the V7
documentation (somewhere in volume 2), but i haven't ever printed it.
(NB: the V7 doc is available online, but it often requires a fair
amount of tweaking to be formatted with groff, since it has been
written for the original [device-dependant, i.e. C-A-T] troff.)

Of course, all this raises the question: why do you wanna do this?

--
cheers, J"org