Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:55:09 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ugo Paternostro <paterno@dsi.unifi.it>
To:        "Nguyen HM (Mike)" <NguyenHM@ucarb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: zzz command doesn't put computer to sleep

On 06-Jul-98 Nguyen HM (Mike) wrote about "zzz command doesn't put computer to
sleep":
> I have a system w/ an ASUS P2L97S mobo. This is an ATX mobo, and so has
> APM support and softpower, etc. However, when I type zzz (I have set up
> APM in the kernel, etc.), it doesn't go to sleep. Instead, it seems to
> do something momentarily, and then come back. There is a kernel message
> that says
>
> resumed from suspended mode (slept 00:00:01)

I see this too. This is why I always use the sleep button ;-)

BTW, to make it work use:

    sleep 1 && zzz

and don't touch the keyboard in the meanwhile (nor the mouse). My SP98AGP-X
sleeps fine in this way, and wakes up as soon as I move the mouse or type
something.

> Mike.

Bye, UP