Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 1998 23:29:44 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Michael Richards <miker@scifair.acadiau.ca>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another Hard drive crash!!!??

Michael Richards writes:
> Has anyone ever seen 2 hard drives go in the same machine in the same 2
> weeks? I am starting to gain ground here in my fight for Seagate Cheetah
> drives.

Yup. Seen that. Consider replacing the power supply. Consider a $70 to
$100 PS is cheap compared to your HD's and the aggravation.

Am guessing both bad HD's were purchased at the same time from the same
vendor and put into service at the same time? Then its possible you
simply got a bad batch.

OTOH I've seen a professional factory-authorized repairperson replace
the entire guts of a computer trying to fix a problem, until the last
thing left was the PS. New PS fixed it. Its been running perfectly the
past year.