Date:      Thu,  2 Dec 1999 12:05:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Noah Hafner <nmh@andrew.cmu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha compatibily information

Noah Hafner writes:
 > Hi,
 > I am trying to find some information on compatibility between alpha based
 > machines and FreeBSD.  I have checked various places including the
 > freebsd.misc newsgroup (just for other postings about it), the website,
 > and a bunch of search engines.  Could you please inform me as to where I
 > might find the information?

Take a look at INSTALL.TXT in the distrobution you are planning on
installing.  Eg:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/alpha/4.0-19991111-CURRENT/INSTALL.TXT
FreeBSD/alpha supports the following alpha platforms:

        UDB, Multia, AXPpci33, Noname
        EB164, PC164, PC164LX, PC164SX
        EB64+, Aspen Alpine, etc.
        AlphaStation 200, 250, 255, 400
        AlphaStation 500, 600
        Digital Personal Workstation 433, 500, 600
        Compaq Professional Workstation XP900, XP1000, AlphaServer DS10
        DEC3000/300 family (netboot only)
        DEC3000/[4-9]00 family (netboot only)

The above list should include
	AlphaServer DS20 (single CPU only)

4.0-current supports much more hardware than 3-stable.

Also, support was recently added for AlphaServer 1000 systems.  This
support has not yet been integrated into any snapshot.