Date:      Sat, 11 Jun 2005 21:55:50 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        Richard Coleman <rcoleman@criticalmagic.com>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Death to toor

Steve Kargl wrote this message on Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 21:02 -0700:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 11:38:43PM -0400, Richard Coleman wrote:
> > As to the status of toor, I say remove it.  Anyone that wants to keep it
> > can skip that mergemaster step.
> >

> BSD has historically had a toor account.  A person who installs
> FreeBSD from a CD created after toor removal will not have a
> toor account.  How does mergemaster restore a historical
> toor account?

Which is useless unless someone sets a password for it, or installs
a port like sudo that lets you to switch to it...  For me, I always
change root's shell to /bin/sh, so I could care less about toor...
and since less is usually better, my vote is to drop it..  It's easy
enough to add it back..

Time marches on..

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579