Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:00:52 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Dan Strick <strick@covad.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Final 4.9-RC (i386) available now, please help test.

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 12:23:32PM -0800, Dan Strick wrote:

>   1) /usr/ports/audio/mpg123:
>=20
>         Building with "make WITH_NAS=3Dyes WITH_ICONV=3Dyes" failed becau=
se
>         some referenced iconv header file was not already installed.
>         The workaround is to install iconv before mpg123.
>=20
>   2) /usr/ports/audio/xmp:
>=20
>         Installation generates and error message about not finding an
>         xmms configuration file.  The workaround seems to be to install
>         xmms before xmp.

Was this a clean installation?  Dependency problems are usually caused
by having stale files lying around on the machine.

>   3) /usr/ports/games/cgoban:
>=20
>         The compilation of net.c generates error messages about conflicti=
ng
>         declarations of `butRnet_create' and `butRnet_destroy'.
>         I have not attempted to debug this error.  I don't know of any
>         workaround.

This is indeed broken on all supported versions and platforms.  I
thought I had marked it BROKEN already, but I guess I did not do that
yet.

Kris

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF--