Date:      Sun, 26 May 1996 12:01:51 +0800 (HKT)
From:      John Beukema <john@gateway.net.hk>
To:        Gary Aitken <garya@ics.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: stty -- not

I wish someone would sort this out.  I remember when I first installed
FBSD I spent 2 days trying to get a simnple epson printer to work.
printcap had 50 varities of high speed line printer entries, teletypes
and devices that have not existed for years but no obvious way to hook up
the printers that make up 99% of the population out there.  After 16 to
20 hours of reading man pages and questions I had to write my own filter
in c to put in cr's. Almost enough to turn newbies back to windoze.
The default configuration should have a setup for a pc printer and an
HPlj3 on both lpt0 and ttyd1, perhaps commented out.

         This space unintentionally left unblank
	 jbeukema