Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:20:45 -0700
From:      Rolf Edwards <redwards@meccamediagroup.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with 4.1.1 Release and sysinstall

I am trying to set up a new system.  I have installed 4.1.1 release off of
a iso image downloaded from the ftp site.  I have used this cd before for
other installs.  I believe the cd is ok.

I am trying to install some of the ported applications, and am running into
a snag.  It seems that when you try to add XFree86-4.0.1 (Server) it hangs
waiting for pkg_add.  I believe it is trying ask questions but does not
show the questions.  You can sit and wait forever for nothing to happen.  I
see a dialogue process running and chewing up all available processor
time.  It is a yes/no and asks a question.  This dialogue did not show on
the screen, so I think it is stuck waiting for user input.

I am still running the generic kernel after the initial restart.  Very
little has been configured on the machine as such, so I don't think there
is a conflict.

Another package exhibits the same behavior, cvsupit is waiting to ask
questions on how you want to run it.  It works if you make it in the ports
directory.

What is going on?

Rolf