Date:      Sat, 25 May 1996 23:03:59 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
Cc:        nate@sri.MT.net (Nate Williams), peter@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DNS question

I just got back from a business trip, and before I head out on the next
one I decided to look at this.

> > > gateway:/etc/namedb/new # host 206.127.76.97
> > Host not found, try again.
> >

> I'll bet you have some log messages that look sort of like this:
>
> host: gethostby*.gethostanswer: asked for "131.75.182.199.in-addr.arpa", \
>     got "131.128.75.182.199.in-addr.arpa"

Which I do.

> The libc resolver is broken for non-terminal in-addr lookups.

This change is already in -current, so I'd like to propose that it be
brought into -stable.  Peter was the one who did all this BIND work, so
he'd be the one most likely to yay/nay the work.  I'm willing to bring
in the relevant changes if he doesn't have time, but before I go
stepping on his toes I'm letting him know that I'm interested.

Peter, do you mind me bringing in the changes to -stable?  I need them
for my router-box in order to have sub-netted class C reverse PTR work.

Thanks!

Nate