Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:02:42 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: page fault while in vm86 mode

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Fatal trap 12: page fault while in vm86 mode
                 ^

                 a page fault

> #4  0xc0265055 in trap_pfault (frame=0xc0545fa8, usermode=0, eva=803202)
                                 ^                 ^           ^
                                 |                 |           |
                                 |                 |           On a user address
                                 |                 In kernel mode
                                 A trap from kernel code

> This doesn't look much to me. I'm used to see more frames here. What can I do
> do debug this further?

You can load up gdb, and decode all the variables in the trap_pfault()
function, so that we can tell which code path resulted in the problem.

Specifically, we need to know whether:

o	Which map vm->vm_map refers to?
o	Whether vm_fault failed?
o	The value of 'map' and the value of 'kmem_map' and 'kernel_map'?
o	The value of p->p_lock
o	The value of td->td_intr_nesting_level == 0
o	If  PCPU_GET(curpcb) is non-NULL
o	If so, if PCPU_GET(curpcb)->pcb_onfault is non-NULL

Notice that this is the same problem that is currently being discussed
in two other message threads, one on -current, and one on -hackers.

Thanks,
-- Terry