Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:46:21 -0700
From:      Matthew Gibson <mdg583@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thinkpad x230 acpi_ibm

Hello,

I have a thinkpad x230. I have some of the issues others on this mailing
list have discussed, such as no brightness controls, and some of the
special buttons don't work.

I have some experience with freebsd, but not a lot.

I am running 9.1-RELEASE (r243825) on amd64.

The main issue is similiar to
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2011-July/007227.html
If I load the acpi_ibm module, it shows up in kldstat, but no message is
given on the dmesg, and nothing appears in sysctl.

Any help is appreciated.

the volume buttons work, the speaker and microphone mute doesn't work. The
brightness fn keys don't work. Also the power button doesn't seem to
initiate a shutdown, even though I have
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5

Matthew