Date:      Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:46:52 -0800
From:      Adam Michalak <ablake@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   questions regarding $PAGER

I am running FreeBSD 5.3-Release

I have a few questions regarding the pagers more and less.
If I type "man more" at the prompt i get the man page for less
are more and less now considered interchangeable?

When I do view a file with more my percentage of the file
viewed is displayed in the bottom right hand screen.

However when I view a manpage the number of bytes viewed
as opposed to percentage is displayed at the bottom right
hand of the screen.  How can i set this so that percentage is
displayed by default?

my output of echo $PAGER is more.

regards,

-Adam