Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 01:35:11 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        tls@rek.tjls.com
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, netbsd-alpha@netbsd.org
Subject:   Re: ARC/AlphaBIOS (164UX boards) .. was: Re: horrible hack / SRM

In message <19990123015811.A17699@rek.tjls.com> Thor Lancelot Simon writes:
: have updated it (obviously).  The question is where on *earth* to get
: the PALcode source MILO's built from.

At least one version of MILO(alpha) that I downloaded a long time ago
had the source to the PAL code in it.

BTW, I know that cygwin has support to generate PE COFF files.  I
don't see any support directly for PE COFF Alpha, but there is much PE
COFF support for intel, PPC (and in my tree right now MIPS, which
wasn't too horrible).  There does appear to be ECOFF support for alpha
in at least binutils, if not also in gcc (look at alpha-*-linux).
There is good information about the PE COFF format that Terry posted a
pointer to earlier that I've been using to complete the mips-hpc-wince
(actually mipsel-unknown-cygwin32 since it should work on any mips
based win32 PE formatted machine, for all the good supporting MIPS/NT
would do).  I'm using b19, since that is what I found on the net with
basic mips support in it already.  b20 may be better in this regard.

Warner

P.S.  I know the mips stuff is a little off topic here, so I'll leave
it at that.