Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 1996 21:37:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rsh problem, 2.1-STABLE

T. William Wells wrote:
> Note the `connection refused' after the second rsh. This occured
> on both the runs of this I attempted. Yes, you read it correctly;
> I am doing an rsh from admin to admin. It's a sleazy way to avoid
> having to write setuid scripts. :-)

It is a bug in FreeBSD that has existed since 2.0.5 and still exists
in -current.

when you get the 'connection refused' message or just after the 1st
rsh, do a 'netstat -a' and look at the entries at the top.  See
that one related to rshd or rlogind that is timing out?  Until
that times out (30 seconds or so) you won't be able to do
another of the same rsh.

--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com