Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 02:14:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kenneth J Monville <desmo@bandwidth.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        joerg@freebsd.org, desmo@bandwidth.org
Subject:   pcvt and backspace

I am currently using the pcvt option in the kernel for a number of
reasons.  I am having trouble with backspace working correctly.  Most apps
this isn't a problem, but in vi and using rxvt it doesn't work.  If I hit
the backspace key in vi it retuns '0x7f' and with rxvt it returns ~.  The
rxvt problem doesn't bother me, I use xterms.  But vi is my editor of
choice and having to ESC-x everytime to erase is a pain.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

I have tried stty erase ^? and it still doesn't work.  With the sco
terminal option everything works fine, but I can't use that.  :-(

Thanks in advance,
Ken

P.S. Please keep me in the cc:, I don't subscribe to -questions.

    	Ken Monville  	-  desmo@bandwidth.org
                        -  http://www.bandwidth.org/~desmo