Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2011 11:14:17 +0000
From:      "Peter Harrison" <four.harrisons@googlemail.com>
To:        "pete wright" <nomadlogic@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Default Samba port?

--Multipart_=_Boundary_=_1321269256

   Sorry for top posting - my 'phone makes it awkward.
   Thanks for the s= uggestion. What default package would be delivered
   in this way on 8.2-R?

   --
   Peter Harrison

   On 13 Nov 2011 14:39, pete wright <nomadlo= gic@gmail.com> wrote:
   On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 4:37 AM, Pe= ter Harrison=0D
   <four.harrisons@googlemail.com> wrote:=0D
   > = Hello list,=0D
   >=0D
   > Can anyone advise me the appropriate Samb= a port to install - the
   handbook refers to samba34, but I see samba35 and s= amba36 in in
   ports. This is for a home server, so I'm not necessarily looki= ng for
   production standard, but something that "just works" on RELEASE-8.2 =
   amd64.=0D
   >=0D
   =0D
   your best bet may be to install a prebuilt p= ackage via:=0D
   pgk_add -r samba=0D
   =0D
   that is unless you need som= e non-standard knobs tuned.=0D
   =0D
   -pete=0D
   =0D
   =0D