Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2001 05:50:51 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org
Cc:        brett@lariat.org, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, grog@lemis.com
Subject:   Re: BSD direction/Damonnews article

From: j mckitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 13:43:47 +0100

> But if the corporation owns the servers, pays any of the top developers, or
> owns a competing product... well, there are plenty of examples of what can
> happen, and it usually isn't good.

Well, the FreeBSD project owns its servers (they're all at Yahoo!) and
I think the percentage of "top developers" who work for any
corporation matching that description are low enough and stubborn
enough that I don't see how "massive ungoodness" could happen.

Don't also assume that said developers will just roll over and submit
to the will of their employer if things go sour, either.  Just about
all the ones I personally know of would simply print their resumes and
walk out in the face of massive pointy-hairedness since all the "top
developers" know they're also massively employable here.

- Jordan