Date:      Wed, 27 May 2009 16:50:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        Steve Bertrand <steve@ibctech.ca>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org Questions -" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Another uptime story

> Maybe there's a way of patching the uptime utility that it adds
> the previous uptime of the system (since last shutdown) to the
> actual uptime. I know this denies everything uptime stands for,
> let's call it accumulated uptime. :-)

if it will add only in case of clean shutdown - it would be good.

Mean time between failure (unplanned downtime, crash etc.) is important.

for example i only once reached 100 days in one of my server, but all
downtimes are because:

- i did clean shutdown
- there was long power outage (quite common that place).